Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Writing Workshop

Just picked up the email that said I'm accepted into this workshop!! I was really very doubtful about getting in, as there are always far more applications than there are places and according to the admin lady, the standard amongst applicants was very high this year, but I made it! I am REALLY excited about this one!

This workshop introduces you to key craft skills as well as to the magic of the imagination. It is led by well-known children’s writer Eirlys Hunter, and among other things offers an insider visit to one of New Zealand’s best-kept secrets, the National Library’s astonishing Children’s Book Collection..... we do not teach a specific set of predetermined skills. Our aim is to develop the imaginative capacity and individual literary skills of emerging writers in a stimulating workshop environment.

(Just hoping that I'm not biting off more than I can chew, taking three courses... but they're ALL brilliant and ALL in fields I absolutely love and feel so at home and comfortable in, so hell, why not give it a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment